Over the past few years the popularity of blogging and particularly blogging for business has been on the increase. Many organizations are trying to leverage the benefits of blogging to ultimately increase sales and interaction with their customer base.
A number of studies over the past few years indicate that 57% of companies who have a blog on their website report that they successfully acquire customers directly as a result of their blogging activities. Sadly this also translates into 43% of companies have had no success at all with their blogs.
This obviously highlights that there is a right way and a wrong way to go about blogging for business. It is apparent that some companies have a successful formula where others don’t.
In order to improve on your business blogs results, you first need to understand and set clear objectives for your business blog. The following is a list of the Top 5 reasons why your business needs a blog, which will provide you with the background as to why your business should establish and maintain an active business blog. It’s important to note the order of importance of these items.
The business case for blogging
- Establish your business as an industry thought leader
- The primary reason why people make use of the internet is to solve a problem. Whether that be as simple as finding a solution to a school homework project to a complex business solution. It is satisfying this need and desire that has been the primary success driver of the internet. From it’s very outset the internet has been a means of sharing knowledge.
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Your blog should become a trusted source of information within your niche market. Your user base needs to feel confident that they can turn to your blog for any information within your field of expertise. The information in your should be able to help them and keep them to resolve issues. The key point here is that your user base is not interested in your company, but rather in solving their problems.
- Connect people to your Brand
- Your company brand is a lot more than some cool logos and web design. Your company brand is all about the emotional response people feel when your company name is mentioned. Posting regular blogs helps reveal the personal side of your business that prospective and current customers won’t see via alternative outbound marketing techniques.
- Create opportunities for sharing
- Posting regular blog post creates an opportunities for your audience to share your posts with others. Whether they link to your blog post, tweet it, or email it to others, it’s free marketing and it further validates you as a credible business.
- Boost Search engine optimization
- Search engines love fresh content. By blogging consistently, you provide Google and other search engines new content to index and associate your website with those all-important keywords to increase your visibility on search engine results pages (SERPS).
Keeping these 5 points in mind, will help you realise the benefits of establishing and maintaining a business blog. The key emphasis of your blog should be about the user not about you. With very little effort and expense you can propel your business to forefront of your customers minds by building your credibility, increasing your website traffic, forstering relationships and boosting your search engine rankings.
A unique background as business owner, marketing, software development and business development ensures that he can offer the optimum business consultancy services across a wide spectrum of business challenges.