In order to test to see if Stop Web Crawlers is working on your website and to ensure that it is protecting your website from a specific Referrer spam bot. You will need to download a Browser plug-in or application like:
Postman is the swiss army knife of API tools, allowing you to design, build, test, document and monitor your services, all in one place. You will need to download Postman, it used to available as a Chrome browser plugin, but now it is a stand alone application which requires download.
If you are going to be developing or exploring API’s to use, it is a really handy tool to get to know. It is also a free tool!
Testing Stop Web Crawlers with Postman is extremely easy.
- Enter Your URL
- Select Headers
- Enter Referer
- add a domain you would like to test to block
- click send
- Check the result. You should see 403 Forbidden
Our personal favourite is Http Requester due to its ease of use and friendly user interface. However most REST clients work in much the same way.
The Instructions below will guide you through making use of Http Requester . Complete the form as below:
Once complete click GET
- Why every business needs a web maintenance retainer - March 11, 2019
- 8 Plugins you need for your WordPress Website 2018 - July 1, 2018
- Why We Buy – The science of shopping - May 15, 2018